Joseph worked as a legal extern for the Oregon Supreme Court, drafting analysis memoranda for the Court, and researching active cases before the Court on petitions for discretionary review. Prior to joining AFRCT, Joseph worked for a large Portland, Oregon insurance defense firm, where his practice focused on complex, business and commercial litigation, and catastrophic injury liability cases. His practice at AFRCT focuses on defending financial institutions and loan servicers in federal and state court, through trial and appeal.
- Appeals in the Oregon Court of Appeals and the Oregon Supreme Court.
- Securities Litigation – Defended commercial lawsuit involving real estate investment transaction over the course of multiple year litigation.
- Breach of Contract, Fiduciary Duty Litigation – Defended a local business and its owner against allegations of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and interference with economic relations.
- Products Liability Litigation – Defended product manufacturers and distributors against products lawsuits involving allegations of product defect, injury, and death.
- Successfully defended clients against claims under the Stored Wire and Electronic Communications Act, Common-Law Defamation, Breach of Contract, Interference with Economic Relations, and Conversion, with successful motion to dismiss that was decided without oral argument. Jones v. H Grp., Inc., No. 3:11-CV-01012-BR, 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 7162, at *1 (D. Or. Jan. 23, 2012).
- Obtained summary judgment in premises liability case as lead associate attorney. Haile v. Hickory Springs Mfg. Co., No. 3:13-cv-00053-KI, 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 160317, at *1 (D. Or. Nov. 14, 2014).
- Premises Liability Litigation, Slip-and-Fall, Oregon Circuit Court, Marion County. Litigated premises liability “slip-and-fall” case from inception of case through pre-trial motion practice, and second-chaired three-day jury trial. Jury returned verdict within range of initial case evaluation.
- Wage-and-Hour Class Action Litigation, Oregon Circuit Court, Multnomah County. Defended local employer as lead associate attorney in a lawsuit filed as a class action on behalf of hundreds of seasonal workers who alleged their employer failed to pay overtime due upon end of seasonal employment.