AFRCT’s entertainment practice comprises a team of litigators and transactional attorneys representing individuals/businesses across complex issues and challenges in the industry. Our multidisciplinary approach is designed to providing specialized services in areas ranging from financing and investment; production and rights acquisition; entity formation; contract development and disputes; media rights; and intellectual property protection and enforcement. Our representative matters include:
• Negotiating music sync/master licenses, royalty agreements, and other artist contracts;
• Advising and providing transactional services for development of a mobile app.;
• Enforcing revenue-sharing agreements through social media platforms including youtube.com;
• Litigating defamation and libel claims;
• Defending proposed client trademarks including against the National Football League;
• Obtaining a $1.8 million injunction from dissipation of investment funds for a motion picture;
• Litigating copyright infringement actions including claims over internet content and publication, musical composition rights, and computer program source codes.